Quick broiled Broccoli
Broccoli has great benefits, and cooked with Coconut Oil, Even Better!
Broccoli is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables which contain phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Eating broccoli is said to lower our risk of cancer and may help protect us against cardiovascular disease. Michelle’s family enjoys this recipe because of the browning effect from the broiler, it gives it an enhanced flavor and richer dimensions. This cooking method is also great for cauliflower. Enjoy!
- Two Heads of Broccoli
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Coconut Oil, melt in a pan (depends on taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Rinse broccoli, pat dry and cut into pieces. Place in glass container. Add the other ingredients then stir.
- Position oven shelf right below broiler unit. Turn broiler on.
- Cover container and shake to thoroughly coat mixture. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and place mixture on it.
- Set timer for 10 minutes. Stir mixture then continue to broil for 5 more minutes or until desired results.
Submitted by Michelle Helland
Additional resources: Web MD cruciferous vegetables