Our team has selected the nutraceuticals that we recommend by carefully reviewing the medical literature and matching clinical needs to quality products. We only support quality assured, pharmaceutical grade products. We work through companies that follow strict, safe manufacturing practices and are accredited.
Our team is very knowledgeable about the clinical role of nutritional supplements in health and about the high level of quality and effectiveness of the recommended products. However, we cannot give any recommendations as to the quality or effectiveness of nutritional products you may purchase elsewhere as we are not as familiar with their manufacturing practices and quality of sourced raw ingredients.
In general, nutritional supplements are safe, however, there is always the potential of interaction with medications you may be taking, or with other nutrients or herbal formulations. Substandard formulas without quality assured stamps of approval can be contaminated with heavy metals, microbes or other unwanted ingredients. Levels may not be therapeutic and less expensive sources with inferior effectiveness will blunt attaining goals.
Furthermore, each individual’s nutritional needs are unique, and what may be right for one person may not be for another. What is right for you today may not be right for you in the future. For the numerous reasons outlined here, it is very important to discuss all nutrients and medications you may be taking with your credentialed health practitioners to assure safety and lack of interaction with each other.
If you choose to purchase the types of products recommended for you from another vendor of your choice, we may not achieve projected clinical outcomes. If you want to verify the quality of the product you are taking, contact vendors regarding the following:
- How do they test their raw materials and how do they assure of that the raw materials are of high quality and purity and lack the various contaminants?
- How do they assure that the raw materials are pharmaceutical grade and are free of adulterants and contaminants?
- Do they test for heavy metals, bacteria, and other contaminants?
- What countries do they source their raw materials from?
- Ask about their manufacturing process and what certifications they carry (NSF, GMP, USP)?
- Do they test their final product for potency?
- How often are they inspected?
- Where are their products produced?
- What is the cost per dose? Are the doses therapeutic and equivalent?
Your diligence contributes to your health and well being.