Healthy Dark Chocolate Super Bites
These Healthy Dark Chocolate Super Bites are just the right size when you are craving a sweet treat. The high cacao content of the chocolate combined with the dried fruits, nuts and seeds makes this snack full of antioxidants, good fats and fiber without being too sweet.
Let these super bites melt in your mouth while you savor the smoothness of the chocolate along with the chewiness of the dried fruit and the crunch of the nuts and seeds.
- 8 oz. Dark chocolate, 70%+ cacao
- Assorted dried fruits, chopped nuts and seeds.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper, or waxed paper, or foil.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put in a heat safe bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring frequently until melted and creamy.
- Use a spoon to make small rounds of chocolate onto the parchment paper. Let the chocolate fall from the spoon and it will naturally form a more or less round shape. You can nudge it with your spoon if you like. Work with one at a time, and sprinkle each round of chocolate with an assortment of your healthy add-ins while the chocolate is still hot. Make them whatever size you like, but mine were about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature, or put the bites in the refrigerator to speed things up.
Adapted from: theviewfromgreatisland.com